It’s currently Monday night and I have the Bachelor paused on my TV. Anyone else a Bachelor fan? I have to admit it is such a guilty pleasure of mine. A bowl of coconut milk ice cream while watching Arie be the bland sack of potatoes he is… what a thrill.
This weekend I’m getting my hair done in the city. I go as often as I can to see my best friend, eat all the food and enjoy myself. No one mentioned how hard it is to keep up blonde hair but it requires an appointment every 6 weeks to do a root touch up.. UGH. I wish I was one of those women who actually liked going to get her hair done but I AIN’T.
My girlfriend is a nurse and she’s coming off a night shift on Saturday so I have nothing but time to waste all day. Hair appointment at 9 and then I was thinking of trying out a class with a Crossfit gym I used to go to. It’s funny how intimidating it can be walking into a community of people who don’t know who the fuck you are. Like seriously. That being said, I’ll suck it up and go anyways because I have been on a rolllll with my workouts.
It feels so good to get out of the slump I was in. A couple months ago I went through a phase of thinking I might want to do a bikini competition. I’ve wanted to do one since before my daughter was born, but to be honest that life just ain’t for me. (I’ve said ain’t two times now… don’t hate me.) I want to eat to perform and to be honest, the whole “ruining your entire metabolism” thing scares the f*ck out of me. I don’t want to deprive myself just to have a super nice body for a short period of time that I won’t be able to maintain. What a mind fuck that would be for me personally.
I really do admire women who make a sport out of it, but I’m going to be over here doing my Crossfit thing. Who knows though, maybe one day I’ll do it……… nahhhh.
Let’s talk about this little bowl of goodness. The picture really doesn’t do it justice you guys. This was UNREAL and the macros are fricken awesome. I was full after I ate this and I was completely satisfied. It’s nice to get creative with your food when you are tracking your numbers just because things can get a little bland at times. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did and if you try it, please feel free to pin, share or comment! I’d love to hear feedback. Love ya!
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 7 spears or 85g of asparagus (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 340g bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp of fish oil
- 1-2 tsp of soya sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g of stir fry beef
- 1/2 cup unsalted beef broth
- Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 35g of sliced carrots
- 75g of diced cucumber
- 40g of bell pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium heat
- Sautee onions and asparagus until onions are translucent
- Add full bag of riced cauliflower to pan and break up until it un-clumps
- After 5 minutes add fish oil, soya sauce, garlic powder and a sprinkle of salt
- Keep stirring occasionally until rice is fully cooked through and even browned a little bit
- Once finished, add half of the rice to a bowl, and half to a container to store in your fridge
- 1/2 serving rice macros = 10.5g Carbs, 7g Fat, 5.5g Protein
- Add olive oil to the pan on medium heat and allow it to get hot
- Add the beef strips one by one - do not crowd the pan
- Sprinkle with salt before turning them over
- Sear on each side until browned (roughly 1-2 minutes)
- Remove the beef from pan and add it to your rice bowl
- Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup of beef broth and let simmer so the pan drippings makes a little sauce to pour over your beef
- Macros = 0g Carbs, 13g Fat, 19g Protein
- Slice the peppers and carrots thinly and evenly
- Dice cucumbers
- Add to bowl
- Macros = 6.5g Carbs, 0.6g Fat, 0.8g Protein
- 17.5g Carbs, 20.6g Fat, 25.3g Protein*
- *To lower fat total, eliminating the extra virgin olive oil to the cauliflower rice is doable with a non-stick pan. This would lower the fat macros of the rice to close to zero.